Now you can match the bright minds you’re stimulating with a suitably bright, flexible and efficient projector from Panasonic, the PT-VMZ50U. It achieves this with WUXGA resolution, 5,000 lumens of brightness (3) and handles 4K Signal Input (4).
Designed to support a wide range of education and business applications, the PT-VMZ50 features a laser light-source enabling long 20,000-hour (1) operation to ensure lasting reliability, while Panasonic’s cooling technology – refined for higher-brightness models – results in the world’s smallest and lightest (2) compact design with a brightness of 5,000 lumens.
This laser projector features 1.6x zoom lenses for short throw-distances and supports wide V/H lens-shift to achieve flexible installation in small classrooms, meeting rooms, and limited spaces where multiple projectors are installed in one room.
- Education and Training
- Office and Boardroom
- 1.6x zoom lens, V/H lens shift and short 1.09:1 throw-ratio.
- SOLID SHINE laser light-source delivers 20,000 hours of consistent brightness and color accuracy.
- Easy to use wireless projection from laptop, iOS or Android devices.(5)
- DIGITAL LINK(6) connection, based on HDBaseT™, transmits video, audio, and control signals through a single LAN(7) cable for distances of up to 150m(8) (492 ft.) for
Full HD video and 50m (164 ft.) for 4K video(9), making installation simple and cost-effective with consistently high quality.
- Bright and Compact:
5,000 lm at WUXGA from a compact, stylish
17.0 lbs body, bringing dynamic images to any space
- Supreme Efficiency:
SOLID SHINE Laser light-source delivers
20,000 hours*2 of consistent brightness and color accuracy
- Flexible Installation:
1.6x zoom, V/H lens shift, and short
1.09:1 throw-ratio liberates installation flexibility
- Future-ready Connections:
Supports 4K signal input*3 via HDMI® and DIGITAL LINK*4, separate LAN and DIGITAL LINK*4 terminals (*3)
- Features Notes:
*2 Replacement period is stated maximum value, at which time brightness will have decreased to 50%. Usage environment affects light-source replacement cycle.
*3 Supports signals up to 4K/30p.
*4 PT-VMZ40 does not feature a DIGITAL LINK terminal.
- Model: PT-VMZ50
- Projector Type: LCD Projector
- LCD Panel:
Panel Size: 16 mm (0.64 in) diagonal (16:10 aspect ratio)
Display Method: Transparent LCD panel (× 3, R/G/B)
Drive Method: Active matrix method
Pixels: 2,304,000 (1920 × 1200) × 3, total of 6,912,000 pixels
- Light Source: Laser Diode
- Light output: 5,000 lm
- Time until light output declines to 50 %*2: 20,000 hours (NORMAL)
- Resolution: 1920 x 1200 pixels
- Contrast*1: 3,000,000:1 (all white/all black) (Input signals: PC, LIGHT POWER: NORMAL, PICTURE MODE: DYNAMIC, DAYLIGHT VIEW: OFF, DYNAMIC CONTRAST: ON, AUTO
POWER SAVE: OFF)
- Screen size (diagonal): 0.76–7.62 m (30–300 in), 16:10 aspect ratio
Center-to-corner uniformity*1: 85 %
1.6 × Manual zoom (Throw ratio: 1.09–1.77:1)
Manual focus lens, F = 1.60–2.12, f = 15.30–24.64 mm
- Lens shift:
Vertical ( from center of screen): 0 % – +44 % (Manual) [TBD] Horizontal ( from center of screen): [TBD]
- Keystone correction range: Vertical: ±25°, Horizontal: ±35° [TBD]
- Installation: Horizontal/vertical, free 360-degree installation
HDMI 1/2 IN: HDMI 19-pin × 2 (Compatible with HDCP 2.2, Deep Color, 4K signal input)
COMPUTER 1 IN: D-sub 15-pin (female) × 1 (RGB/YPBPR/YCBCR)
COMPUTER 2 IN / MONITOR OUT: D-sub 15-pin (female) × 1 (RGB/YPBPR/YCBCR) (input/output switching)
VIDEO IN: Pin jack × 1
AUDIO 1/2 IN: M3 stereo mini-jack × 2
AUDIO 3 IN: Pin jack (L/R) × 1
VARIABLE AUDIO OUT: M3 stereo mini-jack × 1
SERIAL IN: D-sub 9-pin × 1 for computer control (RS-232C compliant)
LAN: RJ-45 × 1 for network control, 10Base-T, 100Base-TX, compatible with PJLink™ (Class 2)
RJ-45 × 1 for network and DIGITAL LINK connection
HDBase-T™ compliant, 100Base-TX, compatible with
PJLink™ (Class 2), HDCP 2.2, Deep Color, 4K signal input
USB CONNECTOR: USB connector (Type A) × 1 for Memory Viewer function, power supply (DC 5 V, maximum 2 A*3), optional wireless module AJ-WM50 [TBD]
- Power supply: AC 100 V–240 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: [TBD]
- Built-in speaker: 10 W monaural
- Cabinet materials: Molded plastic
- Filter: Included (Filter replacement cycle: TBD)
- Operation noise*1: NORMAL: 38 dB, QUIET: 29 dB [TBD]
- Dimensions (W × H × D):
15 23/32″ × 4 17/32″ × 13 11/16″ (399 mm × 115 mm × 348 mm)
15 23/32″ × 5 1/4″ × 13 11/16″ (399 mm × 133 mm × 348 mm) (With feet at shortest position)
- Weight*4: 17.0 lbs (Less than 7.7 kg)
- Operating environment:
Operating temperature: 32–113 °F (0–45 °C)
Operating humidity: 20–80 % (No condensation)
- Applicable software: Multi Monitoring & Control Software, Presenter Light for Windows®, Wireless Projector for iOS/Android™, Logo Transfer Software
- Notes on Specifications:
*1 Measurement, measuring conditions, and method of notation all comply with ISO/IEC 21118: 2012 international standards. Value is average of all products when shipped.
*2 Around this time, light output will have decreased by approximately 50 %. IEC62087: 2008 Broadcast contents, NORMAL Mode, Dynamic Contrast , under conditions with 35 °C (95 °F), 700 m (2,297 ft) above sea level, and 0.15 mg/m3 of particulate matter. Estimated time until light output declines to 50 % varies depending on environment.
*3 On standby, power supply is available with Quick Startup set to ON or Power Management set to Ready.
*4 Average value. May differ depending on the actual unit.